Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Kangaroos and Koalas are my new best friends


I finally got to see a kangaroo and koala, and not just see, but I held them! It was such an amazing experience, one I will never forget! I wish I had my USB cable for my camera, but I don't so you will have to wait for another two weeks before you can see pictures. I went to the Currumbin Wildlife Sanctuary here at the Gold Coast, Australia and had the time of my life! The first thing I did was cuddle with a koala and took many pictures. When the lady put the Pearl, the koala, in my hands it slowly put it's hands and head on me and cuddled right up. I'm pretty sure I wanted to steal Pearl and make her my new best friend! Another thing I immediately wanted to do was see kangaroos. I don't know why but for the longest time seeing a real life kangaroo has been a dream of mine. I was fully expecting to see the kangaroo behind glass or behind bars but that was NOT the case. I walked through two gates and BAM I was in kangaroo city! They were everywhere and there were lots! No bars, no glass, just open space for people and roos to muck about. I purchased food to feed the kangaroos and they literally ate out of my hands. I got to pet them and play with them for hours. What else could I ask for right? I also saw a momma roo with a little Joey in her pouch. This was truly a unique experience for me, and I finally fulfilled my dream of seeing the native animals from Down Under! I wish I could have smuggled some home, but I'm sure the law wouldn't be to keen about it :) Anyone who has the opportunity to come to Australia should be sure to visit the Currumbin Wildlife Sanctuary. Trust me, it will be worth your while!

No comments:

Post a Comment